Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Explanation on The Structure of Diamond

Diamond

Diamond is probably one of the substances that hardly go unnoticed. The jewel had long held its popularity throughout all cultures where its presented itself. It is strong, beautiful, much adorned and greatly appreciated of its profitability and zany structure.

  • Diamond wholely consist of one element - carbon , unless it is contaminated but it is the structure in which the atoms are arranged that gives its properties. 
  • The carbon atoms fit in a tetrahedral construction where each carbon atom bonds with 4 surrounding carbon atoms. This formation replicates many thousand times to create what we know as a diamond. 
  • The bonding type is covalent. Nonetheless, the substance is strong and has a high melting and boiling point. 
The structure is as below :


When diamonds are contaminated by other elements ( most commonly by Nitrogen ), the gem becomes less limpid and would often take a color. This results in diamonds such as the famous Graff Pink. 


10 comments:

  1. I find that the more I begin to look around, I see so much good that people do that goes
    unnoticed. So many wonderful things. See the link below for more info.

    #unnoticed
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. best jewelry stores dallas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information. purple gemstone

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... amethyst ring

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! garnet ring

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the tips and information..i really appreciate it.. garnet jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just searching for this info for a while. After six hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your web site. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this type of informative sites in top of the list. Usually the top web sites are full of garbage. Amethyst Ring

    ReplyDelete
  8. When my partner and i started to be on your own web site while wearing distinct consideration effortlessly some touch submits. Attractive technique for long term, I will be book-marking at this time have got designs attain rises proper upwards. check out this site

    ReplyDelete
  9. The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us. ECP

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information Scottsdale diamonds

    ReplyDelete